Professional Solutions To Clogged Toilets
Is a plunger not doing the trick to remove the blockage in your toilet? It can be time to call in a professional. Plumbers have special equipment to help them quickly and accurately remove a clog. Typically, a professional may use an auger to remove the blockage.
An auger is a tool specifically designed for toilets. It consists of a hollow tube attached to an elbow fitting that’s covered by a rubber sleeve to protect the toilet bowl from scratches. The auger has a flexible cable that is fed through the toilet drain with a hand crank to dislodge the clog.
Is your sewer line malfunctioning? Contact our experts to learn about our sewer line repair services.
Signs Your Toilet Needs To Be Replaced
Is your aging toilet starting to require repairs, or clogging frequently? It might be time to replace it. When deciding whether or not to install a new unit, watch for the following signs:
- AGE: If your toilet is older and requires a lot of replacement parts to keep it functioning, it can be more cost-effective to replace the toilet with a new model.
- CRACKS: Because most toilets are made of porcelain, they can develop cracks. These might start as hairline fractures, but as these expand they can cause serious water damage to your home or building.
- FREQUENT CLOGS: Older toilets might have design issues that prevent water from properly pushing through the toilet with enough force. This can cause clogs to occur.
- WEAR AND TEAR: As your toilet ages it can develop scratches from wear and tear. These scratches can show stains and cause dirt to cling to them, making the toilet more difficult to clean over time.
- INCREASED UTILITY BILLS: Older toilets may use more water than newer models.
Does your clogged toilet need professional repairs? Call Justice Plumbing at (817) 579-9779 to schedule an appointment in Granbury, TX.