Did you know that the busiest day of the year for plumbers in the U.S. is the day after Thanksgiving? Whether your plans include hosting out-of-town relatives for the week or putting on a Thanksgiving dinner for all of your friends, these tips will help prevent inconvenient plumbing problems from occurring during an already busy time of the year.
Stay stress- and mess-free this Holiday season with these pre-Thanksgiving pointers.
Pre-Thanksgiving Pointers & Tips
- Don’t put turkey bones or skin, or potato and onion peels down the disposal. (Oils, grease, and fats can stick to your pipes and cause clogs easily.)
2. Throw leftovers in the trash or compost pile- everything shouldn’t go down the drain!
3. Feed things gradually down the drain to prevent overloading the garbage disposal.
4. Wipe off greasy pans before washing them. You’ll save yourself a clog or two.
5. Don’t operate the dishwasher if you suspect a problem with the disposal. It discharges into the disposal.
If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year or you’re simply a guest, the last thing you need in a home is for the plumbing system to fail. Whether your garbage disposal stops working, a toilet overflows, or your water heater fails, our technicians are here for you–even on Thanksgiving day!